The need for tips
If you want to look like a professional player and win every baccarat game with ease, then, you will need to keep these 10 tips handy. Despite being one among the list of glamorous games played in the casinos, it is the simplest of all.
Top ten tips
- The most important tip of not only baccarat, but every betting game, is to place the bet using the "excess" money on hand and not the "dear" money you need for your living.
- Another valuable tip is to ignore any person who claims to know the best tips that can help you win every game of American baccarat. The rules governing baccarat are strict and no one can get around them easily. Remember, baccarat is a game of luck and intuition.
- Unlike the other versions, the house advantage is minimal in the case of American baccarat. There is just a 1% house advantage if you are playing an eight deck game.
- Waging a bet on the player will also prove to be in your favor. If you are playing an eight deck game, the house advantage in this game will be around 1.25%.
- In baccarat, you can wage a bet on the player, bank or tie. Even under the worst circumstances, refrain from placing a bet on the tie. While the 9:1 payout may look lucrative, don't forget the 6% house advantage the casino has.
- A legitimate baccarat tip that every player should know is that if you are playing the game with lesser than 8 decks, the odds against you may worsen or increase. For example, while the house advantage on the bank drops slightly, it may increase marginally for the player and increase significantly on the tie.
- One tip that is common for the European baccarat is to use the "Avant Dernier" system. This French phrase, in English translates to "before last". As per this tip, when you place a bet, place it on the winner of the game before the last one. For example, if the player won the last game and the banker the one before that, then, as per the tip, place the bet of the banker. It is one more reason to learn the baccarat rules.
- The Martingale system which follows negative progression is for players who are planning to play baccarat for a moderately longer period of time. In simple terms, the player doubles the bet on the hand after losing one. Once he wins this hand, he reverts to the standard unit for betting in the next hand.
- If you would like to follow the positive progressive system, then, up your bet by 50% every time you win a hand. If you lose a particular hand, revert to the standard betting unit.
- One of the main tips is to find casinos that charge lesser than the standard 5% commission on your wins. Though you may need to look around a little more than usual, it is worth the effort.